Monday, June 23, 2008

Midsummer Moto-Rituals

OK, so I probably should have made this post last week. Luckily, this is a blog, so I'm not required to post "timely" news. Ho ho.

Anyhow, pretty much every culture has a Midsummer ritual of some sort. There are tons of different rituals, and people keep coming up with more. I mean, Google "Midsummer Ritual." Good grief, I think I saw a "ritual brainstorming" page.

A couple biker-types that I know pour a beer on the road for their fallen homies. I think it's a nice gesture, but I say the dead shouldn't drink and ride either. That's how one ends up reincarnated as a cephalopod. Do you want to be responsible for that?

My new Midsummer ritual is cutting off all that superfluous hair which doesn't do anything except keep my head hot in my helmet. I mean, the heat is just starting at Midsummer...

0 comments: