Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Christmas Eve...

Quite frankly, I'm surprised I have made it this late into the year of 2008. Not that it makes me unhappy...any day I wake up is a good day! This year, it will be me, Jeff, and Mom on Christmas Day...that works out just fine...no large meals, no special house cleaning...I don't have to make my bed if I don't feel like it...in fact...if I don't want to get outta my COMFIES (pajamas) I don't have to! Now that makes me smile!

Mom's cat is a present peeker. He don't care whose name is on the package, You can count on him to bite a hole in the corner...and tear off the bows...not to mention batting the balls off the tree...and on one of the trees, mom has little Robbin's egg and nests hanging...the little black rat likes to knock them off the tree...and play skittles with them. I keep finding them in the pantry, which is where all things kitty end up. You lose an ear ring? Go to the pantry, cuz that's where the black rat bastard batted it to during the night.

Today, the temps are going to be in the high 50's. I still have Christmas shopping to do, and the items are small enough, I can ride my bike to do the shopping. That will cut down on looking for parking...but...I will also have to be on the look out twice as diligently in order to keep the little girls on cell phones, the blue hairs who can't see over the steering wheel, and the red necks with gun racks from running me over...! Not too bad...I can do it!

OK y'all...
Have a great Christmas, enjoy your Christmas Dinners, and the round of family you will be seeing today and tomorrow...
And God bless every one ya...
Chessie

0 comments: