Wednesday, January 7, 2009

2.5 Inches of rain...

Hi everyone.
It's almost 1.30 in the afternoon on a Weds. here. I've been shopping for some food stuffs for my new and healthy diet...whaaahooo...I also took Jock in to see the vet. She can't believe how great he looks. I put him on a diet on the last few weeks she has seen him, and he dropped 10 pounds, and she is very pleased to see that! She checked Jock's eyes...I was worried he had a "bubble" in the corner of his left eye...she sees nothing to worry about. His cataracts are almost complete in the enveloping of his retina...almost completely blind...can tell between daylight and shadow. Nothing else.

We changed his food...75.00 bucks for a 30 pound bag. It should help with his joint pain. I hope so.

I wanted to show you what I woke up to this morning! We had 2.5 inches of rain when I went to bed last night...I know more fell during the evening hours after I went to bed, so this could be at least 2.75 to 3.0 inches of rain over the last three days. The ground is so wet...it's like stepping on a wet sponge...creepy feeling at night, and when I have to take Jock out to pee he just can't stand the feeling of it under his feet. I have drag his butt until he decides he will pee or poop...gotta do one or the other before you come back inside you lazy dog!

Anyway, here is what the creek looks like on a normal day...summer or winter....



!
and this is what we look like right now...check out how far up the tree trunk the water is now. Six more inches, and it will be in my Mom's Garden of Good and Evil....



The rain is supposed to turn to snow tonight...I guess I'll have to go out and take pictures of that too in the morning!

No riding for a while according to the weather guy....more later,

0 comments: