Saturday, March 28, 2009

Back in the Saddle again...almost.



Don't be afraid to click on the pictures so you can get a better view, they are really cool enlarged!

Hey y'all...
All right, I didn't take the putor to the putor doc...cuz, well...I have to either have my own money (which I don't right now,) or I have to ask Jeff if we can afford it this week. We can't really afford it, cuz my bike needs some work and is in the shop...

But, Jeff...He's such a handy guy, and patient as hell, gets on the putor, and works on the stuff I tried a few times. He stays with it for about an hour...and gets the putor to find a way around the blockage.

Computer Problems

It won't last forever, but it will keep me going until I can afford to get things fixed. I have sent this document to a computer at the library to ensure it can be scanned for dangerous bugs...if you see it printed out here, than the equipment at the library says it's clean....

Green Stink Bug" aka "Green Soldier Bug

I think I might of said something to you guys about a month ago about the saddle bags I ordered. They arrived last week, and I did get them mounted onto the bike.



Not a huge feat by the way...I don't go for those bags that have bracing mounts attached to the fender and make their way down to the axle...it ruins the clean looks of my bike...and it's just not for me. I don't care how well they protect the leather from wearing and becoming misshapen.



Now, I need to tell you guys...when I saw these bags, I suspected they were not actually made for motorcycle use. See the D rings on the front of the bag?



A huge giveaway that this set is made for a horse and saddle rig...rather than a fender and wheels. All the same, it is what I have been looking for. I know I will have to take these to a leather worker here in the Tri-State area to get beefed up to fight the elements and to attach properly to my bike...but to have the look I've been searching for (almost 2 years now,) makes it worth while. Not to mention, the price of the bags didn't set me back too badly, and still won't after having them beefed.





So here are the bags on the bike before I took the bike in for the work that needs done. Also, included will be a few pics of the slight damage done to the rear turn signal...won't be hard to spot!







By the way, it's been raining here since Weds. It's now Friday, and the weather prognosticators are saying there will be a cold front here late today, with frost in the morning on Sunday. Spring might be here, but it's not warm enough yet, nor is it dry enough to give me a week long smile...you know the kind...it almost looks like the smile of a quite satisfying love making session...but somehow, if you look closely into the eyes of the affected person, you know it wasn't a great lover who made them daffy like that...it's the "other"...


Photo credits: 1,4,5,6,7,8,9 by Chessie
2. "John" @ flickr
3. Ratkimo @flickr

0 comments: