Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Slowbies Everywhere

Over the last couple of days, I've noticed a new scourge in downtown traffic: slowbie pedestrians in crosswalks.

I don't expect people to run across the street, but a little hustle never hurt anyone. Especially when that someone is blocking my left turn in a busy intersection.

This behavior baffles and annoys me. Excluding the massive inconsideration, do you really want to be in the way of a bunch of under-caffeinated, cell-phone distracted drivers?

And just so we're clear, these people are not simply walking at a "normal" pace. This is super, super slow walking. Step... (paint dries) Step... (grass grows) Step... (tectonic plates shift)

Moseying is for sidewalks and trails. Hustling is for crosswalks. These are facts I learned in grade school.

0 comments: