Friday, May 22, 2009

It's Memorial Day Weekend...Local sights....



I was going to do a photo shoot today...after the shoot I expected to ride for several more hours up in the mountains of North Carolina. I guess the best laid plans of mice and men....

The Norton's were not up for a shoot today...it seems the brake cable on the Norton Chopper broke...one is on order...we must wait for the cable before we can ride the bike to my chosen shoot spot....

So...I stayed home, did some stuff around the house, drove mom to town to get some errands done there...then we returned home...I jumped on the bike with my camera and stopped to shoot things of interest right here in my little town.

It's Memorial Day Weekend, let's take a look at the Veterans Park...honoring the men and women of Carter County who lost their lives in foreign wars.





After leaving the Veterans Park, I stopped at the place my Mom gets her car fixed at. He has a cool area just for classics....







I left the hall of the Classics...and headed for the Main Fire Hall of Elzibethton...









I left the 1929 T Fire Truck...and headed for the oldest frame home in Tennessee. The Carter Mansion. I'd never been there, but I was impressed with the wood working. This house was built in the late 1700's....










This is what the house looks like on the inside....









Out the back door...to the herb garden, and the vegie garden...





I noticed something about the landscape, I went to investigate...too cool...this land boarders a river...it's up high too because of all the rain...



A view of the house from the backside....



Now I turn and I see many graves on the property....





Revolutionary War Veteran.







Leaving the Carter Mansion...I was on my way home, when I came across the Fire Department...once more...they are replacing the equipment used to raise and lower the flags...as well as attaching brand new flags to the poles...







0 comments: