Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Return of the Triumph

The shop finished up my bike yesterday.

Or so I thought.

See, I called (note, they did NOT call me. Nice!) to make sure it was done, and they said it was. I went straight from work to the shop to settle up and get my key back. While I was there, I found out the air filter had NOT been replaced, because they had to order one.

Y'know, like the brake pads.

I took the Triumph home, but I've got to go back in a week or so to get the air filter installed.

I'm a little confused as to why they didn't just order the air filter at the same time as the brake pads. I mean, it's not like I surprised them with the request for a tune-up AFTER I asked about having the brakes done.

Whatever.

Anyway, they washed the bike, so it'll be all pretty for the next couple of days. They also adjusted the freeplay in my clutch, which has totally messed up my clutch control. Right now, when I accellerate it sounds like REEEEEEEEE-rrrrrrrrRrRrRrRRRRRR (pause) REEEEEEEE-rrrrrrRrRRrRRRRRR (pause) and so on. You'd think I was a noob.

Plus I've got new brake pads, which means every stop takes an extra long time for now. For those of you who don't know why - new brakepads take a while to "break in" and conform to the grooves in the rotor. During the break in process, actual braking power is significantly reduced.

The important thing, though, is that I've got my bike back. As much fun as scooters are, I was suffering from attitude-withdrawal.

0 comments: