Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Sunday's ride...with Paul Cox....

My long time readers know...I don't ride well with others anymore...but a week or so ago...a guy I talked to up in Mountain City TN contacted me on my email...asked if I wanted to ride...he was headed to Cherokee Lake, I've never really spent any time in that area, so...yeah, I'll ride...I'll ride anywhere...



This is Paul...we were on a 2 lane country road, and I love getting shots of friends and riding buddies as we make our way down the road...here Paul and I were moving a clipping pace of about 55 to 60 MPH....Paul was a good rider to hang the day with...

This is a map of our ride...a good day of riding...and while I didn't stop to get all the pictures I would have if traveling alone, I did manage to get a few shots of interest.


View Larger Map

I've seen postcards with this barn, and my brother's train club has a scene with it as well....



Here is a great photo of Cherokee Lake...many people will recognize where this view is at...RT. 25 South, coming out of the mountains to the north...I really like this view...



We crossed over a bridge, as I was looking off to my left, I noticed a dam...



I turned off to get shots of the dam...and was kinda side tracked by this...an old time Baptist baptism....





When the dunkin was over....out came the accordion.... Now we gather at the riiiiiver.....



I was wondering...would the water rise suddenly? Of course nothing of the sort happened....

There was so much more to the ride...but I just couldn't stop everywhere I would have if I were riding alone...I'm going back on this route again...you will love some of the stuff I didn't get...I want to show you what I saw...
But for now...this is what we have...I hope you enjoy the photos...



Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

0 comments: