Honest Scrap Award
Yes, Midlife Motorcycle Madness has won another award that appears to have been circulating the blogosphere since 2008. The Honest Scrap award was given to me by Nancy Frye-Swope from The Retired Biker Housewife Blog. I am honored to have received the award and I too will attempt to pay it forward.
Here are the rules of the Honest Scrap Award:
Thank the person who gave the award and list their blog and link it.
Share “10 Honest Things” about yourself.
Present this award to 7 others whose blogs you find brilliant in content and/or design, or those who have encouraged you.
Tell those 7 people they’ve been awarded Honest Scrap and inform them of these guidelines in receiving the award
Here are the “10 Honest Things” about myself:
1. Interesting enough, Nancy Frye-Swope is currently working on a fictional novel, Ride the Warrior’s Fury, which takes place in the past and unbeknownst to her, I am working on a Science Fiction novel called Future Cycle, based in the future. However, she is in the final stages of her novel and I am just in the beginning of mine.
2. I have a very eclectic taste in music but cannot sing one note or carry a tune with a bucket. I like the genres of Classic Rock, Rock, Instrumental Rock, Oldies, Classic Country, Country, Classic Blues, Modern Blues, Christian Rock, R&B, Motown, Soul, Praise & Worship and Jazz. I love to hear a good solo or jam on any musical instrument that is played well. I would try to list some favorites but I just like too many. I have a huge music collection.
3. I’m pretty good at guessing the band or artist by just hearing part of the music, remember Name That Tune?
4. I am a fairly large individual, 6’2” quiet, and do not smile much, but I'm a softy at heart. I tear up way too easily at the movies.
5. I enjoy reading Science Fiction, Science books, the Bible, anything motorcycle or firearm related, and Christian literature.
6. I own a beautiful Guild acoustic guitar and a wine colored Fender Stratocaster but can only strum chords.
7. I have a terrible memory and can only remember about 3 phone numbers, my social security number, my driver’s license number, my anniversary date, my wife’s birthday, and my 6th child’s birthday, (born on our anniversary), but can remember millions of song lyrics.
8. I consider myself to be very antisocial. I’m a loner, hate crowds, meeting new people and strange places. I just never know what to say, but most people tend to like me once they get to know me.
9. I am very sarcastic and have an extremely warped sense of humor that often times will get me into trouble if I am not careful.
10. I am extremely acrophobic, scared of heights. I can’t even look at a movie when they peer over the edge of a precipice.
Whew, glad that is over.
OK here are the Seven Bloggers I wish to bestow the Honest Scrap Award to:
1. Stephanie aka Iowa Harley Girl from the many thoughts of harleygirl. She is winning all kinds of awards and deservedly so.
2. Stacy at bolty.net. Can't wait to hear about her new bike.
3. Bob from Bobscoot: West Coast Scootin. A true photofest.
4. Jack Riepe on Twisted Roads by Jack Riepe. Jack always tells it like it is, or rather how he sees it, lol.
5. Steve Williams over at Scooter in the Sticks. Two wheels & a camera, what more could you want?
6. Chessie from Chessie’s Tales, Motorcycles and Rides. A blast of good information.
7. Allen’s Allen Madding’s Musings. Always good info.
There are too many great blogs out there to choose from.