Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Essential Motorcycle Gear: Decent Rain Gear

No matter where you live, if you ride a motorcycle regularly you are eventually going to be caught in the rain. Decent rain gear is worth the investment.

I do not have decent rain gear. Today marks one of maybe ten times I've had the gear on in the rain. I stayed mostly dry, except for the parts of me that didn't, which were in very odd places. My rain gear is restrictive, stuffy, and really goofy looking. The zippers don't work. And, somehow, it usually stops any rain from falling, thus negating the need to struggle into it.

Ah, the struggle into my gear. I bought gear two sizes too big, so it ought to fit easily over my clothes and riding jacket. And it does, kind of. However, the rubberized interior catches leather, cotton, and pretty much any other material I try to slide it over. By the time I've got my rain gear on, I'm soaked from perspiration.

Luckily for me, I don't need my gear that often. What do you guys use and recommend?

0 comments: