Monday, March 8, 2010

Motorcycles On Main

You know, Harley Davidson might be able to do something about the lack of young riders buying HD if they'd promote decent music at motorcycle events. Seriously, nobody likes Mustang Sally. Even the old farts who can afford a Harley.

I have to say, Motorcycles on Main, in downtown Mesa, Arizona, was a friendly event. Everybody seemed to be having a good time, and there wasn't a rumble between the Squares and the Drapes, so that was good.

There were a few very, very pretty bikes out, with the smooth flat black paint jobs and pinstripes, wrapped exhaust, and whitewalls. The kind of bikes that make me want a Harley. However, I left my camera at home (and it was too dark to take a decent photo, anyway), so you'll just have to imagine their rat-rod splendor.

It was also the first time we got to see the new artwork recently erected in downtown Mesa: American Gothic, 30 feet tall. I'll post a picture when I get a chance to go over there and snap one. It is delightfully tacky and will hopefully bring in lots of tourists and their sweet, sweet money.

There were only a couple of non-Harley motorcycles present. 2 GSX-Rs, an SV-650, and a cool old F600. I was a little bummed that there weren't more streetfighters and interesting custom sportbikes, but then I remembered where I live...

Anyway, a good time overall, and I'm sure the next one will be even better.

0 comments: