Friday, March 19, 2010

SPRING...OH YEAH!

Good Golly Miss Molly.... SPRING IS SPUNG!
Today, I got out to ride.  I had a few house mouse things to do in the morning.  It was early afternoon about 1:15 PM before I left for the day.  How wonderful.  I rode south toward Erwin.  I saw roads that shot off off the main road that I usually take....(main road).... I had never been on these off shoot roads.  That changed today.  Problem is, I don't have a clue where the heck I was, or how I got there.  I'm not totally sure I will be able to find my way back to some of ride.  But...for now folks...see what I found!



It's a 1929 Model A.  This yard had several in all manner of repair and refurbishing. It's all this shop does. Breathe life into the Model A.



Model A Macs.... cool name or what?



Inside the shop I found this display! I love this!  The owner is a MX racer...well he was...



  Here is some rust...but it's all here, it's not BONDO...it's real!  It's AMAZING! 



Here are some Model A parts... it's cool and it's rusting... but again... where are ya gonna find this stuff?



Here's an engine...



After a bit, I hang the camera over my shoulder and continue on. I soon find myself traveling next to the Nolichucky River





This river is a great rafting and Kayaking river! Here is a shot of the fencing that keeps rock slides from covering the road....



A mountain rural cemetery



A cool little restaurant up in the hills...food was good...and HOT.



I went into the bathroom here at the restaurant...and graffiti etched into the paint on the door.



The Nolichucky River once more...



I'm outta here friends....
Thanks for coming!

0 comments: