Tuesday, September 14, 2010

SHE'S GOT HER TOP OFF....AGAIN!

I don't know what I'm gonna do with her. At least twice a year, she likes to take her top off and show off her pistons.

I took her in because she was spewing oil like a drunk sailor cusses.  It was the push rod retaining ring. One of them was cracked.

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

While I was inspecting the rest of the engine, I noticed a spot on the rear cylinder that appeared to have a "huffing" mark on the cases where the cylinder met up with the case.  So I asked Shannon to check it out and replace the base gaskets. Yes, I've been there with a blown base gasket before.  Shannon pulled the cylinders and he felt there hadn't been a problem there. You know, that's exactly my luck. Had I told him to leave it alone, it would have been a blow out for sure!


I don't know why I like this...but I do.  My CV carburetor....dangling by a thread.



And here I am...peeking over the pistons. Damn if I know why I'm smiling...this is gonna hurt!

0 comments: