Saturday, November 12, 2011

Moto for Education


I Got an E-Mail from Rick Rose requesting a mention about a noble cause. Here is a copy of his letter.


I’m hoping you’ll post something about Moto For Education in your blog, and help get the word out about a desperate situation. 

My cousin volunteers for a school in Honduras that provides distance education for the Lenca people of the region. When she told me that the four teachers were prevented from reaching their students -- some almost 100 km. away through difficult mountainous terrain -- because two of their old motorcycles died, and the third can barely be repaired, I offered to help. I think it’s safe to say that anyone who bikes, races or rides knows the value of a reliable set of wheels -- I sure couldn’t do without mine. And I know that motorcycle enthusiasts are also a caring bunch of people. So I’m spreading the word that those teachers -- Bertha, Arturo, Armando, and Natividad – desperately need our help. A whole lot of small donations will quickly add up to a huge difference in the lives of their students. To learn more about this wonderful distance education program, El Maestro en Casa (Teacher in the Home), and to make a donation, go to Moto For Education at http://lencaeducation.org/support-us/moto-for-education. Let’s make a difference in the lives of Lenca students. Let’s help them buy a new motorcycle for their school.

I’m attaching a logo, and a photo of Bertha and the last remaining motorcycle. I’m also attaching a photo of me and my old lady (literally, old: it’s my 88-year-old mother) on my 650 Yamaha. Feel free to use any or all, and to edit the text if you need to.

Many thanks for your consideration and help,
Rick Rose


You can donate by clicking the link.

Ride on,
Torch



0 comments: