Friday, January 2, 2009

It's a new year...

I have to admit, I'm glad the "old" year is gone. I really don't believe "luck" changes as the calender moves from day #365 of 2008 to day #1 of 2009, but what does change is our outlook.

We are conditioned to expect a change with the "New Year", and while I totally agree, with the concept of "New Year, New Beginning", what I don't believe in is LUCK! I don't care if you want to call it good luck or bad luck, I simply don't believe in it. What I do believe in...is what some call Karma.

I'm not sure I like to use the word Karma, because it derives from a religious concept that falls beyond my acceptance level. But, I do believe that because of our actions, (past, present, and intended future,) that we attract negative and positive attentions of the universe towards us as individuals.

It's not like magnates, attracting or repelling good and bad. It simply comes down to how like forces will feed off one another, but for some reason, negativity comes easier than positive thought and or action. The negative side of life feeds faster, more voraciously on our self esteem than the light, warm hearted positive side of us.

We can fall into traps of our own making, allowing ourselves to fall in depressions or by allowing our thoughts to become negative, and our actions to become more selfish and destructive towards the goals of the collective unconscious. (Yes, I like Jung's thinking on this.) Thus with each selfish action or thought, we feed the negativity of our lives...making each appearance of the negative loom larger and larger and more important within our lives. We blot out the positive by reinforcing the negitive with thoughts and deeds.

I don't know where this is all leading to. Just some ramblings of a woman who's living life best she can.

0 comments: