Monday, March 2, 2009

Looking for...

I've been on the web looking for a suitable travel log for myself. I was thinking it would be advantageous to keep a log of gas stops, what roads I've traveled between gas stops, where I ate, how I found the food, and other thoughts while stopped. Doubt if I will even mention my thoughts while riding. Those are of such a personal nature...if I'm thinking beyond my normal mode of "safety, and what's going on" around me.

I am going to be taking a lap top with me. A not so expensive "notebook" but...I do not want to be dragging that puppy out every time I stop. It makes sense to have a small notebook, where I can post my gas, the towns I stop at, what I find there, the roads I took to get there, all the hundreds of thoughts and things that are of use to the reader of these kinds of travel logs. Once stopped for the night, then the thing to do is to drag out the laptop and transcribe all the information to the laptop. Perhaps making a blog posting, or perhaps just logging it into a place, where I can go back to it in a day or two and make some kind of honorable mention in a different kind of blog that week. I dunno...

Well now here's the thing...do I spend time looking for a travel log already made up? Do I draw up my own travel and expense log by using Micro Soft tools...or do I just carry around a blank note book with me...or perhaps one of those journal books. I'm still debating. I think I'll go check out what they have over at Books a Million. They might have something that will work for my specs. I'm finicky in ways that will drive an idiot even more loony. I know what will work, and what will influence me to keep track of these things better. I'm one of those people who really hates to stop, and even when I do, it's get the gas and get the heck outta here....That's changing this season. I've decided to slow the hell way down. Take time to actually look around me and enjoy what’s there to be enjoyed.

You know, I'd like to ask you guys...have you seen a good travel log book? Have you designed your own? Do you have any suggestions? I'm not beyone asking for help from the travel weary out here in blog land. Those of you who have done this, or even just thought of doing this, and have found the "perfect" travel logging device for you?

I'm looking for some input here kiddies...boys and girls, ladies and gentlemen...
Like I've said, I think I know what I will do, but dang...if anyone has a better mousetrap than the one I've been using...I'd like to check it out...and see if it would do the trick for my circumstances...
Thanks y'all
Chessie

0 comments: