Tuesday, March 3, 2009

The Vespa Bites It's Thumb At You, Sir

I'm not one to let a little thing like a sore ankle keep me from riding in nice weather, so I took Lady Luck's Vespa to work today.

I've written many times about the mischief I get into on the Vespa. I don't know how Steve over at Scooter in the Sticks manages to stay mellow enough on his GTS to spot photo opportunities - I always zip past them with an ear-to-ear grin and one knee scraping on the ground. And that's when I'm feeling mellow.

Anyway, one of the things I really like about the Vespa is it's quick 0 - 40 time. It takes off from stoplights like unto a rocket.

And one of the things I really REALLY like is that it's 250cc thumper sounds like it's blowing a raspberry at all the dumb, slow cages left in its scootery dust.

Because the Vespa is sassy like that.

0 comments: